[rsbac] Per RC_Type Logging based facility

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Sun Aug 27 11:56:10 CEST 2006

On Samstag 26 August 2006 10:54, tazok wrote:
> Hi, I was looking for logging by rc_type based request, and it seems
> (until I understood) in the progress section in the rsbac homepage
> it's not planned.

It is part of the item " Real model driven logging model " in the
1.4ff section of the progress page.

> For example, As far as I know I think we can only now log the access
> to a global type, like FD by request. If we would like to log all
the
> read_open requests for one predefined role/user to one rc_type_fd
> called private_docs for example we must do it for all FD types which
> generates an impressive amount of logging lines.

If you think this is important, we can quite easily add the
functionality. Currently, we can only do this per single object with
individual logging.

> I think one rc based logging would reduce the amount of logging made
> with the possible advantages of reducing the overhead imposed and
> increasing flexibility.

Fully agreed, just not yet done. We can add this to 1.3, too, I think.