[rsbac] One more question [Fwd: Re: fail to pathch the kernel]

yuting@iastate.edu yuting at iastate.edu
Thu Apr 7 03:45:28 CEST 2005

Subject: Re: [rsbac] fail to pathch the kernel
From:    yuting at eng.iastate.edu
Date:    Mon, April 4, 2005 11:23 pm
To:      "Amon Ott" <ao at rsbac.org>
Cc:      "RSBAC Discussion and Announcements" <rsbac at rsbac.org>
         yuting at iastate.edu

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

I download and install linux-2.4.28-rsbac-v1.2.3-20050223.tar.bz2 and
rsbac-admin-v1.2.3.tar.bz2 successfully. However, I can only boot the
kernel with the parameter rsbac_softmode and can NOT boot the kernel with
the paremater rsbac_auth_enable_login.

Furthermore, after login as secoff (UID 400), I run rsbac_menu, enable the
ACL module, and try to run the ACL example given in "RSBAC for beginners"
(http://www.linux.ru.net/index.php?module=library&action=show&docid=1&part=3).
In the example, the CHDIR permission of the /tmp/acltest directory is
disabled. The result is supposed to be that no one except secoff can CHDIR
into the directory. But my result is any user can CHDIR into it. It looks
like only the classical unix access control works. I wonder anything wrong
with my installation or using of RSBAC.

Any help are appreciated!

Yuting

> On Sonntag 03 April 2005 22:43, yuting at iastate.edu wrote:
>> I am trying to install rsbac and failed to patch the kernel. Below
> is the
>> information about OS and rsbac I am using
>>
>> Fedora core 1, kernel version 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
>> RSBAC: patch-2.4.22-v1.2.2.gz, rsbac-v1.2.2.tar.bz2
>>
>> Below are the rejects I got when I used the command "gzip -dc
>> patch-x.y.z-va.b.c.gz | patch -p1 &>perr"
> in /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-rsbac.
>
> Like most distribution kernels, the Fedora kernel has been heavily
patched and only remotely resembles the original.