[rsbac] Sort of solved

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Tue Oct 26 09:35:11 CEST 2004

On Montag, 25. Oktober 2004 22:19, Nick Vasiliev wrote:
> Ok, I soft of solved that problem, I recompiled
> rsbac-admin from scratch and now when I log in with so
> user account it tells me:
>
> switch_modile: error while loading shared libraries:
> librsbac.so.1.2.3: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
>
> Now I do have the library at:
> /usr/local/lib/librsbac.so.1.2.3

Please add /usr/local/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.
Your ld.so does not find the lib, because this is no Debian standard
path.

> If I try to do it as root I still get the old
> RSBAC_EINVALIDVERSION.

You might have an old rsbac-admin version in /usr/bin, while your new
one is in /usr/local/bin. root's path has a different order than a
normal user's.

> One thing that I noticed is that the rsbac service is
> running as root, I am not sure if is supposed to run
> as so or root. Also one more question, I rememmber in

Are you talking about the rsbacd kernel thread? This thread is
protected from everyone, including root. Its uid does not matter.

> Adamantix I had a directory with all types, policies,
> roles and pkgs etc. YOu know what I am talking about.
> Well I can;t find it on this system. I think I might
> have screwed up during the install, do you guys have
> any ideas?

The policy tools are part of Adamantix, not of RSBAC. You will have to
extract them from the Adamantix package of you want to continue using
them.

Documentation is very welcome. We can put it up at rsbac.org, too.

> I am looking forward to learning more about this. I
> just hope I can get it to work a little better.

We are working on it. :)