[rsbac] auth_set_cap gives RSBAC_EINVALIDTARGET

Peter Busser peter at adamantix.org
Mon Oct 6 12:50:58 MEST 2003

Hi!

> I recently changed from self-compiled rsbac-patched kernels to adamantix
> kernel-image-2.4.20-1-k7-soft to try Peter's rsbac-secpolicy tool :-), but I
> can't get over the following error:
> trying the adamantix kernel image (having RSBAC 1.2.2-pre5 included) and the
> corresponding rsbac-admin 1.2.2-9 utilities (both from www.adamantix.org
> mirrors, running on a fresh Adamantix stable installation), I always get
> "Error: RSBAC_EINVALIDTARGET" when trying to add AUTH capabilities for
> daemons.

The packages in Adamantix stable are compiled against 1.2.2-final, which is
included in the 2.4.21 kernel-image packages.

As far as the rsbac-secpolicy package is concerned, it is not available at the
moment. It is more or less broken and needs to be cleaned up a lot and extended
to cover all packages that are in Adamantix stable. I don't have much time for
that though, since I'm also busy with five other Adamantix things. :-(

I'll upload the package later today (watch announce-l). Feel free to unbreak it
and send in patches if you want.

BTW, you can boot a non-RSBAC kernel (e.g. from a Debian rescue CD-ROM) and
remove the rsbac.dat directories on each mount-point to get rid of the garbage
setup you have now.

Groetjes,
Peter Busser
--
The Adamantix Project
Taking trustworthy software out of the labs, and into the real world