[rsbac] auth_set_cap gives RSBAC_EINVALIDTARGET

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Oct 6 12:21:38 MEST 2003

On Sunday 05 October 2003 23:35, Klaus Holler wrote:
> I recently changed from self-compiled rsbac-patched kernels to adamantix
> kernel-image-2.4.20-1-k7-soft to try Peter's rsbac-secpolicy tool :-), but
> can't get over the following error:
> trying the adamantix kernel image (having RSBAC 1.2.2-pre5 included) and
the
> corresponding rsbac-admin 1.2.2-9 utilities (both from www.adamantix.org
> mirrors, running on a fresh Adamantix stable installation), I always get
> "Error: RSBAC_EINVALIDTARGET" when trying to add AUTH capabilities for
> daemons.
>
> Any hints? ... are very appreciated,

I have forwarded your description to Peter. Is it possible that the tools are
1.2.2-final (version in help text), but the kernel is 1.2.2-pre5? In this
case, tools and kernel do not fit, but the internal version check only sees
1.2.2.

This means that data structures get garbled with unpredictable results, and
the consistency checks find an invalid target identification.