[rsbac] help!

Amon Ott rsbac@rsbac.org
Thu Jan 2 12:57:01 2003

Hello Pankaj!

On Thursday 02 January 2003 11:56, Pankaj Thapa wrote:
> I'm just a begineer to linux + rsbac. I read the docs. Probably I'm
thinking of REG (for final year project).
>  Fisrt i want to go through the code. Could u please suggest me what all i
need to study(linux) to understand
>  rsbac.

You will need some good knowledge about the behaviour of the most important
Linux daemons, e.g. what objects they usually access and what user IDs they
change to. Generally, I recommend a good Linux administrator handbook.

If you want to understand the RSBAC implementation, you should read a book
about the kernel structure, e.g. the Kernel Hackers Guide etc. There should
be some free books available online.

Please ask questions on this list, whenever necessary. There are quite a few
experienced Linux and RSBAC users around here, maybe one of them can guide
you through the process.