[rsbac] help!

Pankaj Thapa rsbac@rsbac.org
Thu Jan 2 12:01:08 2003

Hi! Amon ,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!  :)
I'm just a begineer to linux + rsbac. I read the docs. Probably I'm =
thinking of REG (for final year project).
 Fisrt i want to go through the code. Could u please suggest me what all =
i need to study(linux) to understand
 rsbac. =20
 Please help me out.
regards,
pankaj thapa

-----Original Message-----
From: Amon Ott [mailto:ao@rsbac.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 3:42 PM
To: rsbac@rsbac.org
Subject: Re: [rsbac] small bug in rsbac_fd_menu

Happy new year to you!

On Wednesday 01 January 2003 23:47, Tony den Haan wrote:
> rsbac_fd_menu gives this to stderr:
>=20
> Error: RSBAC_EINVALIDMODULE
> /usr/local/bin/rsbac_fd_menu: test: -gt: unary operator expected
>=20
> i found this is caused by
> =20
> MSSCANNED=3D`$RSBACPATH""attr_get_file_dir $GETSWITCH $TYPE
> "$FILE" ms_scanned`
> and then
>=20
> if test $MSSCANNED -gt $MSL
>=20
> this goes wrong because MSSCANNED isn't set when the module isn't =
found.
> i'm assuming this is the Malware Scan module

Right, thanks for spotting. Changing this to

if test "$MSSCANNED" -gt $MSL

should do the job.
=20
> i also wonder why and where SHOW_MS is set

It is created during rsbac_fd_menu initialization (lines 28-43) from the =
set=20
of supported modules. This set may be specified in /etc/rsbac.conf or=20
~/.rsbacrc. If not, the default of all modules is taken.