[rsbac] Decision Module in Userspace

Shaz shazalive at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 14:44:01 CEST 2011

Dear all,

Can a decision module be implemented in userspace? Certain high level
software components should not depend on legacy kernel as this impacts the
overall performance of the system. RSBAC being a framework could be extended
but not sure whether there is any work already done to do this. For instance
if I want a web framework (e.g. Django) to use RSBAC's security then it
would not be a good idea to use the in kernel decision modules.

We can also say that such enforcement requirements should be dealt
irrespective of rsbac and secured by the kernel based modules. Such general
frameworks for access control are usually not available to the userspace
unless using an application framework with such implementations. Some
clarity of thought required here.

Thanks.

--
Shahbaz Khan