[rsbac] Newbie question: RSBAC_ENOTINITIALIZED

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Mar 4 08:42:03 CET 2010

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 wrote Christian Praher:
> However whenever I want to do something with the admin-tools I get the
> error "Error: RSBAC_ENOTINITIALIZED".

You probably have enabled "Initital Ramdisk Support" in RSBAC kernel config
and maybe set a device to initialize on per kernel parameter, but that or
another real disk device has not been seen so RSBAC has not been initialized.

If you have no ramdisk, please disable that switch. If you do, either set the
root device with kernel parameter rsbac_delayed_root=major:minor or force
init with rsbac_init admin tool during boot after the real root device has
been mounted and put in place.

More info about boot parameters is at
http://www.rsbac.org/documentation/rsbac_handbook/appendixes/rsbac_reference/kernel_parameters