[rsbac] Newbie question: RSBAC_ENOTINITIALIZED

Christian Praher praher at fim.uni-linz.ac.at
Wed Mar 3 16:52:04 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

my name is Christian Praher and I am a research student in Linz
(Austria) interested in access control in general and Role Based Access
Control (RBAC) in particular.

I recently stumbled across RSBAC, which I find really very interesting.

I just installed the latest official classic kernel with RSBAC version
1.4.3. included.
I could compile/install the kernel without problems and also my system
boots nicely.

However whenever I want to do something with the admin-tools I get the
error "Error: RSBAC_ENOTINITIALIZED".
E. g. When I try to import the existing system users as specified in the
handbook (rsbac_useradd -v -O) I get "Skipping existing user ..." for
every user in the /etc/passwd file. When I try to import groups I get
"Adding group ..." and in the next line of output "groupname ...: Error:
RSBAC_ENOTINITIALIZED".
When I try to show the existing users / groups (rsbac_user/groupshow) I
also get that "not initialized" error.

Also the rsbac_menu seems to be quite "unpopulated".

I made sure to compile the necessary modules into the kernel. I should
notice that I'm running the system with the "softmode" kernel-switch.

Is there anything I'm missing? Any kernel-switch to set? Is there some
place where I could look for more verbose logging?

Thanks for your answeres!

Best regards,

Christian

--
Dipl.-Ing. CHRISTIAN PRAHER
JOHANNES KEPLER UNIVERSITY LINZ | JKU

Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Institute for Information Processing and
Microprocessor Technology (FIM)

Altenberger Strasse 69
A-4040 Linz, Austria
Phone: +43 732 2468-8433