[rsbac] Abou first boot with RSBAC

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Apr 19 08:17:47 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 15:37, Tuan TRINH wrote:
> I have problem with first boot with RSBAC as follow:
>
> 1/ I boot the kernel with " rsbac_softmode "
> 2/ login with secoff
> 3/ and do the command " attr_set_fd AUTH FILE auth_may_setuid 1
> /bin/login " but it result error : " /bin/login: error:
> RSBAC_EINVALIDATTR "
>
> Questions:
>
> Q1/ After booting what command I can use to know that RSBAC is
> enabled ? Q2/ What does this above error message mean ? And how can
> I resolve it ?

Please look at the RSBAC versions in /proc/rsbac-info/active and e.g.
rsbac_jail help output. Do they match? If the versions differ, please
update.  RSBAC 1.3 also has a tool called rsbac_version, which shows
both versions.

Also, you can call the command as ordinary user and look into the
syslog. Does the NOT_GRANTED message show the same attribute? If not,
it is almost certainly a problem with versions.