[rsbac] RSBAC 1.3.0 released

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Sat Oct 14 22:55:23 CEST 2006

* Amon Ott <ao at rsbac.org> [2006-10-12 12:42:26 +0200]:

> RSBAC 1.3.0 has been released for both kernels 2.4.33.3 and 2.6.18.

Out of curiousity, it seems as though the 2.6.16 branch has been chosen
as the "stable" branch and seems to (at least so far) be well
maintained.  Are there any plans or the possibility of having a set of
RSBAC patches for 2.6.16 with the latest RSBAC version?

The reason I ask is that some of us are getting tired of the moving
target that is today's Linux kernel, and it looks like standardizing on
2.6.16 is our best chance to have a "stable and supported" 2.6 kernel
without enduring API changes and other silliness between versions.

Considering the application and usage of RSBAC, perhaps maintaining a
set of patches against 2.6.16 would be of use to more people (who want
a stable kernel, but the latest RSBAC).

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;