[rsbac] RSBAC 1.3.0 released

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Mon Nov 20 04:48:40 CET 2006

* Amon Ott <ao at rsbac.org> [2006-10-26 20:16:03 +0200]:

> > Just thinking about it, how difficult to do you think it would be to
> > port 1.3 to 2.6.16?  I wouldn't mind helping if it was more a matter
> of
> > it being time consuming (I'm not a kernel hacker by any stretch of
> the
> > imagination).
>
> It is time consuming, but also requires some knowledge about RSBAC to
> place hooks correctly. You could take the 2.6.18 patch, apply it to
> 2.6.16-latest, fix all the rejects, test it, make a new diff and send
> it to kang or to me. Then we can look through it and test it
> ourselves.
>
> We should probably create a new subversion repo for this, you could
> also get write access there to help maintain it. Most of maintenance
> is updating to latest kernel release and latest RSBAC common code,
> because the 1.3 tree is not supposed to get more features in future.

Sorry, it's been a bit since I've had much of a chance to look at this.

Yes, I believe it's time consuming... =)  Which was one reason I didn't
think it might fly, but it never hurts to ask.  I can certainly give it
a go... I've just updated my kernel to the latest 2.6.16, but still
using the older RSBAC, so I can grab the new kernel patch perhaps
tomorrow (for 1.3.0) and give it a go.

A new svn repo, or even just another tree in the current repo (not quite
sure how it's structured) would be great.  But lets first see how far I
get with this and see from there how much we're willing to do to
maintain it.

I do appreciate your willingness to look at options.  Thanks, Amon.

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;