[rsbac] ACLs / acl_grant Problem ff...

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Tue Jan 17 09:54:25 CET 2006

Hi Jochem!

On Montag 16 Januar 2006 20:18, jochem_ippers at email.de wrote:
> I tried a lot to set masks / ACLs on files and directories, but I
can't even set anything when secoff is the owner of the
directory/file. No matter what I do, the answer is always: operation
not permitted. Isn't the secoff the supervisor of the whole system?
Do I have to prepare him or the devices or the filesystem somehow
(unix and rsbac layer, before and after installation)? I would like
to turn off the unix rights system for a subtree but of course:
operation not permitted.

It used to work well straight out of the box, and as far as I can see
it still does here. I fear that somehow your secoff lost the
SUPERVISOR right at :DEFAULT:.

Try "acl_rights -p FD :DEFAULT:" or "acl_tlist -p FD :DEFAULT:" to see
the current rights.

> Does anyone have a short first-steps description for rsbac or
anything like this? I'm sorry for these questions, but there is
hardly no documentation about 'first steps/problems' or for typical
usage procedurs. And I would like to show rsbac to my boss in the
next days :-).

Can you come into the chat #rsbac at irc.debian.org? There we could go
through this more interactively.