[rsbac] 1.2.8 uploaded to pre

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed Aug 23 10:57:39 CEST 2006

On Mittwoch 23 August 2006 10:08, Andrea Pasquinucci wrote:
> My 2c: from 1.2.5 things for me are much simpler, I actually
backport
> the RSBAC version number to 1.2.5 of the new rsbac-kernel and
install
> it, without changing anything else. Up to now has been working with
no
> problem. So my kernels are all called rsbac-1.2.5 so that I do not
need
> to change the rsbac-tools etc., no problems with my configurations.

Internally, our products all think they have RSBAC 1.2.5, too. All
interfaces are compatible, so this only avoids version number
conflicts when kernel and tools are not updated at the same time.

The next product release will start with 1.3.0 as RSBAC version number
and keep it even when the code is really 1.3.n with n >> 0.

> For the future, but I guess this is what Amon is trying to do, it
will
> be nice if kernel, admin-tools and config with 1.3.* (and different
> '*') will be all compatible, so to be able to run with a
configuration
> created with tools 1.3.1, kernel 1.3.5 and tools 1.3.4.

This is the plan. For safety, the kernel will still check the version
number on every syscall, but the code will be compatible. Just adjust
the version number in the headers, if you want to mix up. Actually,
we might think about checking only for the first two numbers.