[rsbac] GET_STATUS_DATA - SCD/other = NOT_GRANTED

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed May 25 11:22:32 CEST 2005

On Mittwoch 25 Mai 2005 11:01, Rafal Bisingier wrote:
> I have many entries in log like:
> kern.info: rsbac_adf_request(): request GET_STATUS_DATA, pid 3218,
ppid
> 1542, prog_name clamd, prog_file /usr/sbin/clamd, uid 43, audit_uid
43,
> target_type SCD, tid other, attr none, value none, result
NOT_GRANTED by
> JAIL

This is a sysctl read access, which is denied by JAIL. This behaviour
has been changed in 1.2.5-pre.

> This one is about clamd and blocking module is JAIL, but I've seen
also
> other programs (mostly daemons, but also login, ps, bash, tail) with
the
> same target/request but blocked by RC or ACL

Before 1.2.4-bf2 read access to sysctl was completely unchecked. You
can enable this access in RC and ACL where required.

1.2.5-pre adds a new SCD target sysctl for this purpose, but I did not
want to add new targets in a 1.2.4 bugfix.