[rsbac] RSBAC and Linux distribution upgrades

Chirag Pandya cpandya at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:11:03 CEST 2005

Hello Patrique,
I have upgraded my distributions several times and there have some
minor problems.  Things to watch out for (in my opinion):
 Are you also going up RSBAC versions (e.g. from V 1.2.3 to V 1.2.4).
I do not know personally what kernel SUSE 9.3 uses.  Only RSBAC V1.2.4
may be available.

If yes:
a.  Note that you may have to update ROLE settings for new boot role,
some compatibilities (GET_STATUS_DATA for SCD 15 for all roles) etc...
b.  See bug issue 0000044 where the rc_set_item is not able to restore
ROLE bitstrings settings from RSBAC V 1.2.3 to V 1.2.4
c.  You will have to recompile and reinstall RSBAC ADMIN tools.  RSBAC
ADMIN tools for V1.2.3 will not work for V1.2.4

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Chirag