[rsbac] Critical bug in PaX, please update!

Michal Purzynski albeiro at polsl.gliwice.pl
Sun Mar 6 16:18:09 CET 2005

On 6 mar, 2005, at 16:40, Deim Ágoston wrote:
> Anyway: is there a real chance to see RSBAC in the mainstream kernel
> sooner or later? I know and understand the feelings of Amon against
> LSM but right now I only have the chance to work with RSBAC in my
> private life. Yes, SELinux is officially in the RHEL kernel and the
> companies are looking for an untouched vendor kernel because of
> official support and support for Oracle etc. I woiuld be happy if
> there would be a backdoor to include RSBAC in kernel.org kernels. But
> that's just me :-)

it's not only you, i am sure virtually everybody would like to see
RSBAC in mainstream.
about LSM thing it's not just private feeling, LSM is not advanced
enough to handle things such as RSBAC (missing hooks, some done in
another way, not guarantes your code will run safe, many other purely
technical).
btw - to run latest and greatest selinux on lsm you still need to patch
it, like guys from Hardend Gentoo selinux branch are doing. that's a
pity that linux kernel is drived by big companies recently instead of
reasonable thinking.