[rsbac] Strange random errors

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Jun 27 10:56:12 CEST 2005

On Freitag 24 Juni 2005 13:48, Rafal Bisingier wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 12:23:38PM +0200, Amon Ott wrote:
> <cut>
rtld.c:

> > > I had to check it, but it never happens with Maintenance kernel.
> >
> > Only trying to weed out other reasons. Hmm, no idea now.

Just had this myself compiling some new code - it disappeared when I
retried the compile. Maybe a make clean would help, there might be
mismatching code builds.

> I just realized one more thing refering PAX. My default pax_flags is
> PeMRxS, but every single process in the system have pax_flags set to
> pemrxs. Is it an error in attr_get_process, or something broke down?
> Strange is that PAX seams to work, because I had to set less
restricting
> pax_flags for many programs to run them.
>
> BTW: attr_get_process and many other rsbac tools don't show PAX
attribute
> list in help (with -a switch) and sometimes even in the list of
available
> models (eg. attr_get_fd)

It should show up in attr_get_fd, will check that. The attribute is
not copied to the process, so there is none. Instead, the value
returned is taken from the task struct - the place has changed in 2.6
pax recently, I will check that, too.