[rsbac] Strange random errors

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed Jul 13 11:59:26 CEST 2005

http://fixed.rsbac.mprivacy-update.de/linux-2.6.11-rsbac-v1.2.4-pax-20050613.tar.bz2
> > ?
> >
> > Have you been tried another version without pax?
>
> Well, I can't switch of RSBAC, but I have some ideas what is wrong.
> I have build kernel with support for PAX and CAP modules. I know
that
> PAX module is only a administration helper, and one need to enable
PAX
> in kernel to use it. When I've gone to security options to enable
PAX,

http://download.rsbac.org/kernels/v1.2.4/linux-2.6.11-rsbac-v1.2.4-bf7.tar.bz2
> and I left this "Enable different security models" switched off.
> This resolves the problem, so I'm not sure if this is PAX related,
but I
> don't think so.

So the problem has been resolved now, that is the most important info.
Shit happens, so do not worry.

Maybe we should make some more compatibility tests with LSM, even if
we recommend to keep it off.

If even Murf could work well with UM now, this release show stopper
would be finally settled.