[rsbac] Bugfixing the kernel uselib vulnerability

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Jan 13 12:27:09 CET 2005

On Mittwoch 12 Januar 2005 15:08, Amon Ott wrote:
> On Mittwoch 12 Januar 2005 11:29, Andrea Pasquinucci wrote:
> One thing we could do is to have another subversion tree, which
> includes all RSBAC and third party security bugfixes, and which gets
> rolled into a complete kernel after every change.

I have started this new tree at
svn://rsbac.mprivacy-update.de/rsbacfixed

It currently only contains 2.4.28-rsbac-v1.2.3 with bugfixes 1-11
(where appropiate) and the uselib bugfix I posted to this list. More
will certainly come. Automatic packaging into a pre-patched source
archive will be added soon.

Each source tree contains a file BUGFIXES with a list of all bugfixes
applied and a subdir BUGFIXES-third-party, which contains all outside
bugfixes.

> We would really need people maintaining this tree and testing it,
> though.

We need contributors and testers. Jörg Weber, the Adamantix kernel
maintainer, has already signalled that he would like to help.

So, folks, please tell what bugfixed source trees you need:
- 2.4.28-rsbac-pax?
- 2.6.10-rsbac?
- 2.6.10-rsbac-pax?

Specially continously bugfixing 2.6.x will be more work than I can
handle without help - so I need volunteers for this. Please post
security bugs that you desire to be fixed to this list, so none of
them gets dropped.

There is a discussion about a central Linux kernel authority for
security bug reports and fixes going on at the Linux kernel mailing
list. I expect a central repository with broken out patches soon,
which will make our life much easier.

BTW, 2.4.29 will be out soon. Known bugs should be fixed there. This
does not remove the need to fix existing 2.4.28 installations,
though.