[rsbac] Problem with v1.2.3-pre5 and ACL module

Thorsten Sauter tsauter at gmx.net
Sat May 1 13:50:36 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a bug in rsbac, or I completly missunderstand
the ACL module.

I'm unable to assign permissions for "root" to different ACL objects.
The following steps can be used to reproduce the problem:

1. starting rsbac_acl_menu
2. selecting "SCD" and choose "firewall" from list
3. select "USER_0" (root) and enable GET_STATUS_DATA/MODIFY_SYSTEM_DATA
4. next, choose "other" instead of "firewall" go to "USER_0" (root) and
   enable ADD_TO_KERNEL

5. if I then select "firewall" again, then all assigned permissions form
   step 3. are cleared
6. I can assign the permissions again, but then all permissions from
   "other" are cleared

So I wondering if I can't assign ACL permssions for different objects to
one user?

Thanks for your help
Thorsten

p.s. system powerpc