[rsbac] Problems with RSBAC 1.2.2 (AUTH) and Kernel 2.4.25 (with Pax)

Patrique Wolfrum Patrique.Wolfrum at vwl.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Mar 29 11:57:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

Since I have "upgraded" to kernel 2.4.25 (with the new pax patch), I
have the following problems when using rsbac_menu:

Under "File/Dir Attributes", I can't add any capabilities under "AUTH
Capabilties". When I press "Enter" in order to add a UID, which the
process should be able to change to, nothing happens (only the screen
gets redrawn). Deleting Capabilities is possible however.
The second problem is under "User Attributes", where I can't select
users via the option "User List". It happens the same as above (no
reaction but redrawing the screen).

Interestingly, there are no logmessages in the logfile, which could give
me a hint, where the problem could be.
Playing around with "attr_set_user", I found that when using
"attr_set_user -V" (which should give me the version number), the
program segfaults.

For testing I did the following:

- Global Safemode
- Switching AUTH off
- Recompile of the RSBAC admin tools
- PaX Softmode
- Kernel without PaX

None of the above had a visible effect.

Do you have an idea, which could be causing this behaviour ?

Thank you very much in advance.

With best regards-
Patrique Wolfrum

--
Patrique Wolfrum
Administrator - Fakultätsserver

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
Institut für allgemeine Wirtschaftsforschung
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Kollegiengebäude II
Platz der Alten Synagoge
79085 Freiburg