[rsbac] Re: RC model not working in linux-2.6.3 v1.2.3 ?

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Sun Mar 14 17:04:07 CET 2004

On Sonntag, 14. März 2004 11:58, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:01:25 +0100 Amon Ott wrote:
> > Did you recheck with make menuconfig and after a make clean? Does any
file
> > *rc* appear in /proc/rsbac-info? Do you see a rsbac/adf/rc/rc_main.o
file?

> Yes I rechecked everything twice. There is no *rc* file in
> /proc/rsbac-info/, but rc_main.o exists yes.
>
> I did some more tests and compiled more modules to see if that happens
> with other modules too. I added FF RC AUTH ACL CAP and that worked fine,
> all of them are in now:
> $ cat /proc/rsbac-info/stats
> RSBAC Status
> ------------
> RSBAC Version: v1.2.3-pre4
> Compiled Modules: FF RC AUTH ACL CAP

OK, I will boot my vmware test system with a RC and AUTH only 2.6.3 kernel
as soon as I got it back to running at all.

> I think I found another problem. rsbac_rc_role_menu -> Type Comp FD ->
Set
> Read* doesn't change anything, the others seems to be okay.

I do not understand what your problem is. What exactly are your trying to
do?

> My last problem is probably my fault: I want to add ADD_TO_KERNEL to one
> role and remove it from every other, but I can't find that anywhere.
Could
> you please give me a hint where that is hidden? Thanks!

ADD_TO_KERNEL is with a NONE target, and NONE is translated to SCD other. I
guess I should document this more prominently, or make a separate menu
entry.