[rsbac] 2.6.7

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Jun 21 09:25:46 CEST 2004

On Montag, 21. Juni 2004 07:16, Roy Lanek wrote:
> > When can we expect the 2.6.7 version of the patch ?

I expect to release RSBAC 1.2.3 this week, still waiting for more feedback
on pre6 and/or the latest code at rsync.rsbac.org. Also, the new RSBAC Web
design by Kang should be finished in time (see http://new.rsbac.org for
the current state of affairs).

 I planned to port to 2.6.7 just before the release, so we still have
support for 2.6.6.  If you say that 2.6.7 must be supported ASAP, I can
port now and drop 2.6.6 support.

> Plus: how much to count on PaX in the future ... given
> that PaX is hosted on grsecurity.net. (Don't tell me that
> it does not matter, please.)

Despite being hosted on the GRSecurity Server with recent hardware problems
(GRSec is back on track BTW), PaX is an independent and strong project. As
these failures annoyed me a lot, I have created my own mirror at
pax.kernelsecurity.org (guess what www. shows ;).

> PaX alternatives? Do you, Amon, always have to wait till
> PaX is out?

AFAIK, there is no comparable alternative to PaX,  but it is not required
for RSBAC.  You can also work without or use other solutions.

I will not wait for PaX. Only the optional prepatched kernels with PaX
obviously have to wait,  while those without PaX will come as soon as I
have ported to the new kernel.