[rsbac] Problem with RSBAC and PAX (Kernel 2.4.26)

Patrique Wolfrum Patrique.Wolfrum at vwl.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 14 14:15:46 CEST 2004

Hello,

>>Usually once in a few weeks, the system completely freezes (screen
>>blank, no response at all), so it has to be restarted (especially
>>

>Is X running on this server?
>I've had something like that: system still works, but new processes can't start.
>It was solved by removing desktop tasks from this server :-)

Thanks for the information.

No, X is not running on the server (since we usually don't need it for
the server administration (we start it only when we need it for
configuring a program where it would be too complicate to configure it
via the bash-shell)). Since the last crash happened in the early morning
(where there shouldn't be much traffic on the server (used as web-,
data- and fileserver)) we can't say, which program caused the problem.
My personal suspects are Pax or the kernel since the crash is so
thorough, that no info is written to the logfiles or the screen.

With best regards.
Patrique Wolfrum

--

Patrique Wolfrum
Administrator - Fakultätsserver

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
Institut für allgemeine Wirtschaftsforschung
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Kollegiengebäude II
Platz der Alten Synagoge
79085 Freiburg