[rsbac] Problem with RSBAC and PAX (Kernel 2.4.26)

Patrique Wolfrum Patrique.Wolfrum at vwl.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 14 12:13:44 CEST 2004

Hello,

>My own server has hung several times since I moved from 2.4.25 to 2.4.26. I
>had Oopses and Panics there, but no dead freeze without info. And it is
>UP, not SMP.
>
>I suspect that 2.4.26 has some serious stability bug, which only shows on
>certain hardware. OTOH, that hardware is quite old, so I might have some
>hardware problems, too. I am waiting for 2.4.27 now.

Thank you for this info.

I first suspected Pax, since the crashes seemed to have started with the
introduction of the changed (e.g. new kernel-config-options) patch-files
by the Pax-Team in first months of this year. But the kernel as a source
of instability would also be a good explanation for the severity of
crashes. I think I will then also wait for the 2.4.27 kernel and hope,
that this will get the server more stable.

With best regards.
Patrique Wolfrum

--
Patrique Wolfrum
Administrator - Fakultätsserver

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
Institut für allgemeine Wirtschaftsforschung
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Kollegiengebäude II
Platz der Alten Synagoge
79085 Freiburg