[rsbac] Hang with 2.6.6-rsbac

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed Jun 2 15:32:22 CEST 2004

On Dienstag, 1. Juni 2004 18:13, Rob See wrote:
> 	I recompiled with the kernel you provided (the PAX+RSBAC 2.6.6) and
> I'm still having the same problem. (Hang with sysfs). Its happening
> during one out of three boots. It seems the system becomes very busy
> (the cursor stops flashing, but I can still use the Alt+SysReq key
> combinations) Also, before it happens I always see similar errors to
> the ones I had previously:
>

> >> rsbac_get_super_block(): auto-mounting device 00:07
> >> rsbac_acl_get_single_right(): Could not lookup device!
> >> rsbac_acl_check_right(): rsbac_acl_get_single_right() returned error
> >> RSBAC_EINVALIDDEV!
> >> rsbac_adf_request(): request CLOSE, pid 40, ppid 39, prog_name udev,
> >> uid
> >> 0, target_type FIFO, tid Device 00:07 Inode 3785 Path pipe:/[3785],
> >> attr none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by ACL
> >> filp_close() [sys_close]: ADF-call returned NOT_GRANTED
>
> After these, things are OK until udevstart runs, and then it hangs. If
> I showTasks, udev and udevstart are both shown as running.  If it isn't
> going to hang, I won't see the above messages.

A new version is currently uploading to rsync.rsbac.org, which contains
several changes in the auto-mounting code. Rob, could you please retry
with this new code? I still cannot reproduce the lockups, but the messages
above have disappeared.

If you need PaX, too, please patch it in afterwards and use the mm/mmap.c
file from my prepatched 2.6.6 tree.