[rsbac] Hang with 2.6.6-rsbac

Rob See rob at rsee.net
Tue Jun 1 18:13:38 CEST 2004

Amon,

	I recompiled with the kernel you provided (the PAX+RSBAC 2.6.6) and
I'm still having the same problem. (Hang with sysfs). Its happening
during one out of three boots. It seems the system becomes very busy
(the cursor stops flashing, but I can still use the Alt+SysReq key
combinations) Also, before it happens I always see similar errors to
the ones I had previously:

>> rsbac_get_super_block(): auto-mounting device 00:07
>> rsbac_acl_get_single_right(): Could not lookup device!
>> rsbac_acl_check_right(): rsbac_acl_get_single_right() returned error
>> RSBAC_EINVALIDDEV!
>> rsbac_adf_request(): request CLOSE, pid 40, ppid 39, prog_name udev,
>> uid
>> 0, target_type FIFO, tid Device 00:07 Inode 3785 Path pipe:/[3785],
>> attr none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by ACL
>> filp_close() [sys_close]: ADF-call returned NOT_GRANTED

After these, things are OK until udevstart runs, and then it hangs. If
I showTasks, udev and udevstart are both shown as running.  If it isn't
going to hang, I won't see the above messages.

-Rob
On May 29, 2004, at 10:30 AM, Amon Ott wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2004 22:24, Rob See wrote:
>> 	I'm having a problem with 2.6.6 and the rsbac patch using udev/sysfs.
>> Every time udevstart runs, the system hangs. Running strace on
>> udevstart shows that it hangs on opening /sys/block. I can reproduce
>> the problem by setting init=/bin/sh and then doing ls /sys/block.
>> rsbac_softmode does not clear up the problem, rsbac_delayed_init=99:99
>> does.
>
> I have tried to reproduce this problem with SMP kernels on both UP and
> SMP
> systems, but failed. I will recheck the sysfs related code on Tuesday,
> maybe I can spot the bug somehow.
>
> Hey, we will probably see version 1.2.3 before 1.2.2 gets one year old
> on
> July, 25th. :)
>
> Amon.
> --