[rsbac] Role for initrd(linuxrc) and oops in logs

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Jul 22 10:14:01 CEST 2004

On Montag, 19. Juli 2004 13:07, Rob See wrote:
> >We might add the role to the process calling rsbac_init(), but this
would
> >not help you in the case of the external rsbac_init program. Maybe also
> >add for its parent process.
> >
> >How is your call chain? linuxrc calling rsbac_init directly?
> >
> I'm using rsbac_delayed_root. linuxrc mounts the root partition.

And this triggers RSBAC init. mount is a subprocess of linuxrc, so by
changing mount's parent process' role, we would have done it.

But this does not work in the case of an rsbac_init call after boot,
because then a user controlled process would get a privileged role.

Does your linuxrc really need a role other than 0? It could start another
script after mounting root, which has an initial role set.