[rsbac] Role for initrd(linuxrc) and oops in logs

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Jul 12 17:14:05 CEST 2004

On Montag, 12. Juli 2004 16:45, Rob See wrote:
> 	What role should the linuxrc script on the initrd be running under ? I
> was sort of expecting that is should be under the new System Boot role,

This was my expectation, too. There is a loop running through all existing
processes at init time, which sets the role and type.

> but it doesn't seem to be. Here is the log entry:
> check_comp_rc(): pid 184 (linuxrc), owner 0, rc_role 0, DIR rc_type 0,
> request UMOUNT -> NOT_GRANTED!
> rsbac_adf_request(): request UMOUNT, pid 184, ppid 1, prog_name
> linuxrc, uid 0,target_type DIR, tid Device 00:03 Inode 1 Path /, attr
> none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED (Softmode) by RC

Is it limited to this process, or do the other boot processes also run with
the wrong role?

Is there any log entry by rsbac_do_init() at init time that says a def_role
attribute could not be read?

> 	Also what does the following error mean, and is it something I should
> worry about ?
>
> rsbac_get_parent(): oops - d_parent == dentry_p!

This used to be a debug check for the case where a dentry has itself as a
parent. It is quite harmless, but attribute inheritance will not work for
this dentry.