[rsbac] Role for initrd(linuxrc) and oops in logs

Rob See robsee at albany.edu
Mon Jul 12 16:45:02 CEST 2004

Amon,

	What role should the linuxrc script on the initrd be running under ? I
was sort of expecting that is should be under the new System Boot role,
but it doesn't seem to be. Here is the log entry:
check_comp_rc(): pid 184 (linuxrc), owner 0, rc_role 0, DIR rc_type 0,
request UMOUNT -> NOT_GRANTED!
rsbac_adf_request(): request UMOUNT, pid 184, ppid 1, prog_name
linuxrc, uid 0,target_type DIR, tid Device 00:03 Inode 1 Path /, attr
none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED (Softmode) by RC

	Also what does the following error mean, and is it something I should
worry about ?

rsbac_get_parent(): oops - d_parent == dentry_p!

(Both of these are occurring under 2.6.7/1.2.3)

Thanks,
-Rob
Rob See
Systems Administrator