[rsbac] smp boot problem

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed Sep 24 16:51:09 MEST 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 11:44, Florian Tischler wrote:
> I have troubles booting rsbac kernel on a dual xeon machine.
> With boot option nosmp & noapic everything seems to work fine.
> With rsbac_softmode as boot option it runs even with SMP enabled.
>
> With 2 CPUs the last lines i can see are:
> rsbac_init(): Ready
> Freeing unused mernel memory
> INIT: version 2.82 booting
> rsbac_get_attr(): auto-mounting device 00:05
> rsbac_acl_get_single_rigth(): Could not lookup device!
> rsbac_acl_check_right(): rsbac_acl_get_single_rigth() returned error
RSBAC_EINVALIDDEV!
> rsbac_adf_request(): request CLOSE ... prog_name boot, uid 0, target_type
FIFO ...result NOT_GRANTED by ACL
> filp_close() [sys_close]: ADF-call returned NOT GRANTED
> the same a second time and the machine hangs.

What is the device given in the rsbac_adf_request line?

Did I get you right: You have two lines for auto-mounting the same device?
This should never happen and can be the reason for the lockup.

> I´m new to rsbac. i have used lids for years on single cpu machines.
> The reason for switching is that rsbac is said to be smp-save and lids
isn´t.

It has been running on SMP systems for quite a while, but those are much more
likely to trigger some lockup.

> Rsbac also looks more powerfull to me.

I'd say it is. :)