[rsbac] vmware

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Tue Nov 18 11:44:38 CET 2003

On Dienstag, 18. November 2003 09:59, Arkady A Drovosekov wrote:
> does anybody tried to run VMware Workstation 4 under rsbac? I get in log the
> following (strange) message:
> Tue Nov 18 13:51:14 2003 :<6>rsbac_adf_request(): request
MODIFY_PERMISSIONS_DATA, pid 6001, ppid 5720, prog_name vmware, uid 1009,
target_type SCD, tid ioports, attr none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by MAC
RC AUTH ACL

> well, I can imagine how to eliminate RC and ACL from here. But what to do
> with others?

Please use the "X support (normal user MODIFY_PERM access to ST_ioports"
option in RSBAC kernel config menu "Other Options". It also changes the RC
and ACL default settings, but now you worked with it, you will have to allow
access by hand.