[rsbac] rsbac RC tutorial

Thorsten Sauter tsauter at gmx.net
Fri Mar 28 12:59:06 MET 2003

Hi all,

I'm currently playing with the rsbac kernel extension. And just after
starting with this there come up a set of few questions.

1. I'm looking for some realworld examples (eg. protecting
sendmail/ssh/ftp)

2. Is there a beginners doucmentation available? I have read the page
http://linux.ru.net/~inger/RSBAC-DOC.html but I think it's a little bit
outdated (specially for RC)

3. as soon as I create a new RC role (nothing other is configured) the
system won't boot anymore. Why this new rules is applied as default?

4. I'm tyring to run apache without root right. For this I have simply
applied the Linux CAP through the FF modules to /usr/sbin/apache. I'm
not sure it this is a good way, is it? Maybe not the best way to do
everything on filesystem base.

Sorry for this dummy questions :)

Thanks for you help.
Thorsten