[rsbac] undefined symbol: __guard

Joerg Weber j.weber at infos.de
Tue Jul 29 11:26:28 MEST 2003

Hi,

> I have just installed a new debian (minimum) system, upgraded to
> adamantix stable and faced the problem while replacing bash:
> /bin/sh: relocation error: /bin/sh: undefined symbol: __guard
You'r running into a problem described in the installation guide, which
is rather easy to solve. Let me quote from
http://www.adamantix.org/installation.html:
"
Sometimes the apt-get dist-upgrade fails saying something cannot find
the symbol __guard. If you encounter something like that, try to find
out what libraries the binary needs (using ldd binary). Install the
libraries one by one using apt-get install libraryname and then resume
apt-get dist-upgrade. It is not clear when and why this happens, it
looks like an apt problem. But installing the libraries first solves it,
so it should not be a big problem.
"

I've had the problem with bash as well and some other things, and solved
the problem with the above solution. Worked fine and had no issues
afterwards anymore.

Cheers,

Joerg

BTW: Maybe this is more appropriate on the adamantix lists, I'll leave
that decision up to the list owner.
--
Joerg Weber
Network Security