[rsbac] REG module

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Mon Apr 7 10:08:46 MEST 2003

On Sunday 06 April 2003 15:54, Tommy wrote:
> I'm writing a module using the reg facilities, but I'm finding a lot of

That's interesting. What kind of module?

> difficulties in changing the uid of the process using the syscall
registered
> by the module. I use current->uid = the_other_uid, but the uid doesn't
change
> and I don't get any other RSBAC module complaining (well, it would be very
> difficult, as I'm just changing an integer value...). I would also like to
> know how I could do such change whitout bypassing the other modules. Should
> use rsbac_adf_request() for a simple check before changing the uid or is
> there another way?

The official way is to use rsbac_adf_request(). If you want to bypass a
repeated REG module check, use rsbac_adf_request_int with ignore_module=REG.
However, this will bypass ALL registered REG modules (see adf_main.c for
details).

> P.S.: As you've probably already understood I'm a newbie to both rsbac and
> kernel programming :)

We all have to start some day. Go ahead!