[rsbac] 1.1.2 and 2.4.18

Amon Ott rsbac@rsbac.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:37:40 +0100

On Tuesday, 12. March 2002 09:04, Stanislav Ievlev wrote:
> Could you reduce a number of system calls for RSBAC?
> Each new kernel version have a couple of new syscalls (e.g. for XFS,
> LSM, ... ) and we'll have a big problems in the future.
> We already have a big problems to merge RSBAC patch with big number
> other patches with own additional system calls.

I just moved the RSBAC syscalls to start from 300, to give more room.
Actually, there is no problem in moving them further up to e.g. 400 (like in
alpha arch) - just a slightly larger syscall table.

> What about one big system call like ioctl?

That would be a lot of work... You know that I already packed a lot of
subcalls into some of the existing calls, e.g. rsbac_acl.

> About admin tools: it's not a big problem to use old admin tools for the
> old versions.

It is ugly, if you have several kernel versions installed. And you already
complained about unnecessary binaries...

http://www.rsbac.org