[rsbac] 1.1.2 and 2.4.18

Stanislav Ievlev rsbac@rsbac.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:04:27 +0300

Amon Ott wrote:

>Hi!
>
>The following problem stopped me from porting to 2.4.18:
>
>There are reserved syscall numbers up to 237, but 1.1.2 syscall numbers start
>at 230. I could
>
>- ignore the reservation to keep admin tools consistent with other kernel
>versions
>- move RSBAC syscall numbers, but make tools inconsistent with other kernel
>versions
>- not port to 2.4.18 at all, because 1.2.0 will come out soon (probably bad
>solution)
>
>What do you think?

Amon!
Could you reduce a number of system calls for RSBAC?
Each new kernel version have a couple of new syscalls (e.g. for XFS,
LSM, ... ) and we'll have a big problems in the future.
We already have a big problems to merge RSBAC patch with big number
other patches with own additional system calls.

What about one big system call like ioctl?

About admin tools: it's not a big problem to use old admin tools for the
old versions.