[Rsbac] Re: Problems rsbac-1.2.0-pre3

Amon Ott rsbac@rsbac.org
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:07:41 +0100

On Friday, 25. January 2002 16:06, Andreas Hess wrote:
> > This sounds pretty screwed up. Still, my test system starts and works
> > fine after cleaning up /rsbac.dat on all filesystems.
> >
> > Could you please give some more info on how you did the install?
>
> I have looked for an rsbac.dat file but have not found one! Perhaps this
> could be the fault?!

It should be a dir, which gets created after setting the first attribute,
e.g. by rsbac_auth_enable_login.

> Installation was not a big problem. The only thing was, that I had to
> fix a little bug inside the Makefile (after configure has run). But I
> think that there I did not make a fault.

Even that should not be necessary with a standard kernel.

> Patching the kernel and the installation of the rest was no problem.
> Then I added an security officer with uid 400. That's it!

Hmmm - could you please check with a maint kernel, if the auth_may_setuid
flag has really been set for /bin/login?

rsbac_fd_menu /bin/login

http://www.rsbac.org