[rsbac] howto questions

Metrix rsbac@rsbac.org
Mon Apr 15 09:21:02 2002

I am really looking forward to this howto, I was just
wondering if setting up X will be covered, while not
urgent, it is anoying to reboot whenever I need to use
X. Out of curiosity, why when i give root permission o
/dev/mem, i still cannot cat /dev/mem, do i have to
give permission to /bin/cat? I know it is a bad idea,
I am just curious...

Furthermore, is RSBAC secure by default, eg if an
exploit is released and an rsbac system is running
vulnerable software, will the exploit still grant a
shell, or will it not allow the exploit to be executed?