[rsbac] About the Secure Delete Feature

Ahmed Alzhrani alzhrani.a at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 13:01:56 CET 2020

Hi,
I have the Secure Delete flag enabled for my RSBAC installation. I set the flag sec_del on a file to test that it is working.
To my knowledge, there is no log message that confirms sec_del action by FF module, so I used a usb flash drive, created a file and flag it for sec_del and deleted it with rm command.
I plugged the usb drive into another computer and was able to recover the deleted file using Recoverit Data Recovery tool (Windows).
Now I am really confused! How do I make sure that the sec_del was called on the file? Also, if it did actually run, why was it easily recovered?

Thank you and regards,Alzhrani