[rsbac] Problem initializing RSBAC 5.4.8

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed Jan 8 15:09:11 CET 2020

Am 08.01.20 um 13:55 schrieb Ahmed Alzhrani:
> I am trying to setup RSBAC for kernel 5.4.8 on Debian. I went through the patching, compiling and installation of the Kernel + RSBAC Admin with no issue.
> However, after I rebooted the system in soft mode, I checked the kernel log and found out that RSBAC is actually not initialized, here is a snippet of the log:

RSBAC failed to detect your / mount, probably because of an initrd. If
so, you need to enable initrd support in RSBAC kernel config. If it
still does not init, you can pass your / device as kernel parameter
rsbac_delayed_root=major[:minor]

E.g.: rsbac_delayed_root=259

Alternatively, you can start RSBAC init by hand on your / dev with
rsbac_init /dev/xyz