[rsbac] Wireguard in linux 5.6

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Tue Feb 18 10:56:01 CET 2020

Am 17.02.20 um 13:16 schrieb Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón:
> Hi Amon, if this is true, it's expected that wireguard gets included in
> vanilla linux starting at 5.6 release. Maybe it could be a good idea to
> rsbac to support this kernel version too to get both, wireguard and rsbac
> together.
>
> I think it's a great addition to main line kernel as it's a great (in my
> opinion) vpn solution.

So far, I have not really had a closer look at Wireguard. We happily use
a lot of OpenVPN with PKI.

Every kernel line makes extra work, and non-LTS kernels tend to be
outdated soon. So I would rather avoid supporting 5.6 and wait for the
next LTS version. However, you might come back once there is a release
and I can reconsider then.