[rsbac] Default Role for New Created Users

Ahmed Alzhrani alzhrani.a at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 22:53:19 CEST 2020

I was wondering, besides the wrapper script to add users and assign their default role, I have developed other automation scripts and CLU/TUI programs that execute various system commands/programs. Let’s say, these scripts are owned by “admin-user” (or root?) but will need to run as sudo.

In addition to using DAC permissions, how should
I apply RC to fully control these types of programs?

I figured that I should create RC types for all system commands used within each automation script I have, and then assign type compatibilities/permissions to the scripts’ forced roles. This might break other programs in the server since they will need new permissions to the new RC types..

Is it better to just create the RC types and roles then run the RC Learning Mode to accelerate the hardening process?

Any advice is highly appreciated,
—alzhrani