[rsbac] nsswitch and pam configuration for UM

Palon Setin palons at danwin1210.me
Thu Dec 13 12:51:00 CET 2018

Palon Setin:
> Amon Ott:
>> I suppose there is files instead of compat, so it should be
>>
>> passwd:         rsbac files
>> group:          rsbac files
>> shadow:         rsbac files
This above is my change.

>> Our systems with glibc 2.27 work fine with
>> passwd:         rsbac
>> group:          rsbac
>> shadow:         rsbac
I will next try and do this other change, just above.

>> Amon.

These changes to the /etc/pam.d/common-* files:
> < account       sufficient                              pam_rsbac.so
> 17d16
> < auth  sufficient                                      pam_rsbac.so
> 25d24
> < password      sufficient                      pam_rsbac.so
> 16d15
> < session       sufficient                      pam_rsbac.so

didn't get me the rsbac_login. They do allow me to log in the common
Linux way. So, no harm, but no success either.

I only got the usual prompt on the six consoles, no rsbac login prompt.

Sincerely,
Palon Setin