[rsbac] creating secoff and logging to rsyslog, was: rsbac_init goes RSBAC_EINVALIDREQUEST with devicemapper

Jens Kasten jens.kasten at kasten-edv.de
Thu Dec 6 17:39:31 CET 2018

Hi

yes you setup the secoff user. Its just an user with uid and gid 400.
Usally I named the user security and set the home director to /security
on a single user machine.
I have also the home directory on my destkop for this user in
/home/admins/security.
Its just a matter of taste.

Jens

Am 06.12.2018 12:46, schrieb Palon Setin:
> Palon Setin:
>> Jens Kasten:
>>> Maybe I was wrong. If you like you can join irc on freenode.org
>>> channel
>>> rsbac.
>> You were. See below (and my other --forwarded (I mis-sent it
>> yesterday)-- mail that came to the list some 30 minutes ago).
>> It was:
>> CONFIG_RSBAC_INIT_DELAY=y
>> that solved my issue.
>
> That was the previous issue. I'm modifying the subject to reflect my
> current issue.
>
>> My current issue is:
>> I don't have a secoff, and am unable to find how I am supposed to
>> create
>> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/RSBAC/Quickstart
>
>>> Once emerged, the package will have created a new user account on
>>> your
>>> system (secoff, with uid 400). He will become the security