[rsbac] rsbac_init goes RSBAC_EINVALIDREQUEST with devicemapper

Palon Setin palons at danwin1210.me
Wed Dec 5 13:43:00 CET 2018

Hi!

I have successfully compiled rsbac, and installed rsbac-admin, as well
as rsbac-tools.

This is the cryptsetup device with / , or the root_dev, of my system:

# ls -l /dev/mapper/g9_dev
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 2011-11-11 11:11 /dev/mapper/g9_dev -> ../dm-0
# ls -l /dev/dm-0
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 251, 0 2011-11-11 11:11 /dev/dm-0
#

The kernel parameters that I booted with are:
rsbac_softmode rsbac_delayed_root=251:0

But, still:

# rsbac_init /dev/dm-0
Error: RSBAC_EINVALIDREQUEST
# rsbac_init /dev/g9_dev
Error: RSBAC_EINVALIDREQUEST
# rsbac_init 251:0
Error: RSBAC_EINVALIDREQUEST
#

I searched, and found these references (none directly related to
encrypted root_dev) in ML:

https://www.rsbac.org/pipermail/rsbac/2010-March/002512.html
https://www.rsbac.org/pipermail/rsbac/2009-December/002496.html
    (regarding this one: I have not compile UM in the kernel)

https://www.rsbac.org/pipermail/rsbac/2005-July/001602.html
    where it says:
    The device must have the major shown in /proc/devices

And it does:

# cat /proc/devices
Character devices:
  1 mem
  4 /dev/vc/0
  4 tty
  5 /dev/tty
Block devices:
  1 ramdisk
  7 loop
  8 sd
  9 md
 68 sd
133 sd
134 sd
135 sd
251 device-mapper
252 virtblk

How do I get rsbac_init to do the work in my system?

Thanks in advance!

Panon Setin