[rsbac] RSBAC build problem on linux-4.9.y-c3fbb3a

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Wed May 17 08:27:59 CEST 2017

Am 16.05.2017 um 21:33 schrieb HacKurx:
>> mprotect must be active by default and it has been working fine in hard
>> server use for months now.
>>
>> You can use rsbac_debug_mprotect kernel parameter to get debug output
>> for mprotect. To enable debug as user 400 at runtime (disable with 0):
>>
>> echo debug_mprotect 1 >/proc/rsbac-info/debug
>
> I do not have the file "/proc/rsbac-info/debug" :/
> I have not yet used RSBAC administration tools. I only configured the
> kernel to test your mprotect option.
> I use ubuntu 16.04 LTS for this.

You should enable both RSBAC proc interface and RSBAC debug. They both
have little to no overhead and will enable you to test better and us to
spot problems. As company, we run all production systems with both
settings and many others enabled.

As some programs do not work with mprotect, you will probably need the
tools some day to change settings for these.

>> You are welcome - this list is for asking questions.
> Thank you very much, I'm curious to test something other than PaX / Grsecurity.

Thanks for your interest. :)