[rsbac] Shall we put this initial script on handbook????

Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón tazok at rsbac.org
Thu Mar 23 18:39:32 CET 2017

On 23/03/17 08:34, Jens Kasten wrote:
> What you think about to use git to offer different branches for
> different setups. All what I do manual I will forget somethink always.
>
> For example:
> rsbac-swich --branch gentoo-rsbac UM
>
> affect
> /etc/pam.d
>   [nsswitch.conf is now a symlink to /etc/nsswitch.conf]
>   - gentoo-combat
>      system-auth [only set sufficient pam_rsbac.so]
>      nsswich.conf
>   - gentoo-rsbac
>      system-auth [only set require pam_rsbac.so, remove pam_unix.so]
>      nsswich.conf
>
> Then branch name --gentoo prefix can extend to debian, fedora ...

I think this wouldn't be feasible. Too many boot systems (systemd,
sysvinit, openrc), too many daemons, too many software, Jens, you and me
should be slaves working 25 hours/day to be able to do it and to
maintain it. You would left your cubietrucks orphans and they would get
wild without your care.

I think it would be a more elegant approach to think an algorithm that
indicate rc_learn where to create a new role or types, for example if
software X executes and between others has LISTEN requests, or make new
types if the same role has write and execute rights to an object type